Picfair is a simple and beautiful one-stop-shop for photographers around the world to build a website, upload their portfolio and start selling their images as digital downloads and printed products. Our photographers are the heart of Picfair, and our support service is core to their experience of the site.
We want to make sure that every interaction a photographer has with Picfair lets them know that we’re here to support them, regardless of whether they’re an experienced pro photographer or someone who’s picked up a camera for the very first time.
What the role entails
- Answering user queries via email or social media using tools such as Zendesk and Statusbrew
- Helping monitor and manage comments on social media posts, including paid advertising
- Assisting our Customer Support Coordinator in gathering information and preparing reports
- Actively engaging in identifying and suggesting product improvements eg. spotting patterns in user queries, suggesting product or process changes to make users happier, or suggesting changes to our tools or processes to improve efficiency
This role is perfect for someone looking to experience a technology start-up in an exciting phase of their growth. Our platform is constantly developing which means there won’t always be a simple answer to every query, and will suit someone who enjoys thinking on their feet and doing some digging to get to the right solution. You’ll be someone who takes initiative and can work independently, but also doesn’t hesitate to seek assistance when they get stuck.
Our users come from all around the world, with vastly differing levels of photographic and technological experience, so being able to frame your response accordingly is key to making sure every user feels like they’re being looked after. The whole team is collaborative and hands-on across the platform, so the ideal candidate will be someone who loves getting to know how things work and isn’t afraid to ask questions!
You should apply if you:
- have the right to work in the UK
- have a graduate degree or equivalent experience
- are a confident, articulate ‘people person’ with excellent communication skills
- are good at analysing and prioritising tasks in a fast-paced environment
- are great at explaining things to people in a way they can understand
- know your way around social networks, and technology interests you
The application process:
Please send an email with the title “Application: Customer Support Advisor” to email@example.com, containing the following info:
- Brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this role
- An example of how you’d answer a typical user question of ‘I’m interested in signing up but don’t think my pics are good enough’ (this should be no more than 2 paragraphs)
- CV highlighting relevant experience
Salary: £10.85 per hour (London Living Wage)
Work hours: initially 12 hours per week, including occasional weekend work.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Flexible, with some office-based work in our Shoreditch office (including during onboarding stage)