Picfair is an investment-backed image marketplace based in east London, aiming to turn the image licensing industry on its head. Our revolutionary model allows contributors - both professional and amateur - to set their own image fees, and keep 80% of their royalties. Carefully, over the past three years, we’ve built a library of over 4.5 million images, much of it exclusive, uploaded by 25,000 advocate photographers in 130 countries. The images range from contemporary street-style reportage to classic stock, and have already been licensed by top-tier publications across the UK, including the Guardian, Time Inc, Rough Guides, and Lonely Planet.
Having built up a deep library and a powerful curation technology, we are now turning our attention towards revenue generation, focusing on multiple sectors. A sales team is being recruited to convert leads to sales. The primary role of the Head of Marketing is to generate appropriate leads for the sales team and more generally to establish the Picfair brand in the minds of potential customers. As a two-sided marketplace, Picfair also needs to continue building its image library. The secondary role of the Marketing Manager is therefore to build photographer acquisition.
Development of existing and new commercial lead products and programmes to maximise “top of the funnel” leads for conversion by the sales team. Identification and optimisation of appropriate acquisition channels for both image buyers and photographers.
Regularly assess and optimise conversion performance of existing programmes. Current buyer-facing channels include referrals, content, social media, and small paid budget. Current photographer-facing channels include direct agency/collection-facing marketing and large-scale email marketing campaigns. Direct reports: Referrals Manager, Content & Social Media Assistant, Library Manager.
- Development and management of new lead acquisition channels.
- Work with the CEO to create a commercial development roadmap that meets new revenue targets, improving existing marketing channels, and developing new ones.
- Drive all relevant go-to-market collateral and communication programmes to support new product/programme launches.
Primary acquisition channels need to be identified in the first 3-6 months. The challenge is to demonstrate scalable customer acquisition potential within the first 12 months. Role starts ASAP.
- Previous experience in product marketing, business development or in a marketing role focused on driving results-driven commercial development in a b2b environment.
- Proven commercial acumen – with a track record for developing commercial solutions and marketing strategies that have driven quantifiable business and client growth.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications. Direct experience in developing commercial propositions and communications preferred.
- Hands on experience of building data-driven digital customer acquisition programmes
- Outstanding interpersonal, organisational and team skills with a gift for developing strong working relationships and generating credibility, trust and respect throughout the company.
Strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
• Email [email protected]
with "Head of Marketing" as the subject line, with a cover letter and a CV