The Church of the Good Shepherd was built in 1935 on the banks of Lake Tekapo in New Zealand. It was built as a place of worship for the pioneer families of Mackenzie country in the South Island. Mount Cook stands in the background across the lake.
Situated on the shores of Lake Tekapo is the Church of the Good Shepherd, which, in 1935, was the first church built in the Mackenzie Basin. The church is arguably one of the most photographed in New Zealand. This image was taken during the time when the lakeside is full of blooming Lupins.