1. Hitting a milestone of 25,000 photographers in May, just in time for World Fair Trade Day ― here’s a video we made with some of our buyers and photographers to celebrate.
2. Partnering with Canon and business publisher New African Magazine on our #CelebrateAfrica campaign; tracing the full life cycle of an image from the photographer and their camera, through Picfair’s marketplace, to the pages of an international publication. The entries were nothing short of remarkable.
3. The amazing feedback we receive daily from our community. Here are some heartfelt words in the comments of this post from our #CelebrateAfrica winner, Brian Otieno. When we read things like this, it makes it all worthwhile.
4. Becoming official sponsors of fan-favourite football club Dulwich Hamlet, and injecting our community-first ethos by letting fans pick the club’s kit for the next season. Take a look at ‘The Sash’ in all its glory.
5. Discovering the colourful stories of Picfair photographers around the world for whom photography is not their day job. From the airline pilot who takes stunning shots from the cockpit; to the postman in rural Yorkshire who takes a DSLR on his round; to the marine biologist who takes incredible images of whale sharks while he's underwater. More incredible stories this way.
6. Being shortlisted for ‘Best Startup’ in the London Innovators Awards as part of a list of awesome nominees described as “wildly ambitious” and “doing the impossible” was a very proud moment.
7. Our endless and impressive list of photographer images handpicked by publishers to feature on magazine front pages, websites, book covers and more. See all of our In the Wild stories here.
8. And finally, the companies and individuals who’ve joined Picfair over the years to license images fairly. From publishers to agencies to small businesses, picture editors and more - thanks for joining us on our mission to make the industry fairer.